I am the worst person in the world for beating myself up. About anything and everything. I was browsing around and having a think about what to do if you do mess up. Everyone does it!
1. Expect mistakes and knocks. They are a normal part of life, and no matter how hard you try, they will not go away. Give yourself a break.
2. Remind yourself that you are good enough. You may not be perfect, but at least you’re trying. It take courage to step out, and to get up when you fall down. Just being willing to do that is a true mark of success.
3. Don’t overreact. It is better to stay calm, to maintain your composure and choose how you’ll respond. A knee jerk reaction often leads to real regret.
4. Try not to think or worry about how others see you. Don’t let other people determine your self-worth.
5. Put a positive slant on a bad experience. What can you learn from this that moves you closer to success? What can you laugh about with friends; what can you see as humorous?
6. Fix your focus on your goals, then look ahead and keep on going. Don’t let a setbacks deflect you from your purpose and your dreams.
What do you do when you make a mess of something? How do you get back on your feet?