Sunday, 22 June 2014
The Last Minute Bikini Body
Summer is officially here!! If, like me, you've not actually achieved any of your ridiculous pinterest 'body goals', and instead cultivated a quasi-sexual relationship with Doritos, here's what you can do to make yourself feel sexier and make the most of your body. I had a day to make myself bikini ready, and these are my tips!
1. Water. As early as possible, start drinking loads of it! Water will flush your body out, reduce bloating, clear your skin and make your cellulite appear reduced. I started about 3 days before.
2. Eat healthy. It won't make a blind bit of difference to your weight, but it will make you feel so much better and reduce bloating. It will also stop those crazy breakouts your skin gets from pizza!
3. Scrub, woman. Run yourself a bath and scrub all that horrible dry skin off. Concentrate on your knees, elbows, feet and bum. You'll smooth out your skin and prepare for sandals. I either use exfoliating gloves or something really grainy like Soap and Glory's Pulp Friction. Go to town- you want them pink!
4. Shave. I usually let my body hair grow for a fair few days and then whip it all off with a new razor the day I go on holiday. I always, always apply roll on deodorant to my bikini area afterwards as it stops shaving rash and irritation as it regrows (not pretty with a bikini).
5. Moisturise. Using something non-sticky, moisturise your whole body, especially your feet. I LOVE L'occitane's foot cream and will coat my feet in it constantly before sandal weather. I use Vaseline spray and go all over.
6. Sort those nails out. Paint your nails something summery that goes with your holiday outfits. I'm probably going to go with coral.
7. Fake tan. The jury is out on this one. I'm actually going to scrub mine off and apply some Dove Summer Glow for a bit of colour but that's it so my skin has a good base for tanning. Don't forget that fake tan doesn't contain SPF!
8. Face Mask. I use the Sanctuary 5 min Thermal Detox Mask and I have to say, it is amazing. It will transform my skin overnight and really smooth it out.
9. Confidence! Remember, the sexiest thing about a woman is confidence. So pick the brightest bikini they have and rock it, because you look gorgeous. I got this coral one from Topshop.