Goofiness clearly runs in the family..
This year, my Dad, rather inconsiderately, is away for Father's day. For those of you with Dad's who will be in the country, it's a day for a pub lunch, a few beverages with your old man, and a bit of appreciation for the advice, bailing out, and taxi service that your Dad has provided for you over the years.
Most of the Father's Day gift guides I keep finding are for presents from little kids to their Dads. I'm not entirely sure my Dad, who has a 25 and a 21 year old, would really appreciate our hand prints on a canvas or an apron saying 'Daddy Rules the BBQ'. Much as my Dad is a superhero, we're all a bit sophisticated (read: old) for that.
So I created my own!
1. 3 Month Supply of Friday Night Curry - For the Foodie Dad, the kit arrives with recipes and spices measured out to make a variety of spicy man food.
2. Moleskine Notebook- The legendary notebooks are an absolute joy to write in. And they've just brought out a smart one that works with your Evernote. I've got serious stationery lust.
3. Pyjamas- Let your Dad have some well earned time off and chill in these cosy pyjamas. John Lewis' collection is pretty good this year!
4. Data is Beautiful Book- For the serious geek Dad..this is packed full of beautiful charts.
5. Wooden Tray- For dumping keys, cufflinks, watches, and all those other things men seem to drop around like we do with hair grips. Personalised. My Dad's name is Mark, FYI :)
6. Personalised Wine Bottle- Get him one with his name on so he feels like King of the castle.
What are you doing to celebrate your Daddio this Father's Day?