The weather in London is a bit temperamental. I cannot seem to fathom what to wear on a daily basis, as we veer from thunderstorms to sunshine. I'm longing for pub gardens! I'm also longing to get out of tights and into summer clothes, which means my wardrobe needs a good clear out and an update! I was lucky enough to attend London Fashion Weekend, and it gave me a bit of inspiration on how to update my wardrobe for SS14.
1. White. The fashion world has gone white mad, and there's no faster way to freshen up your wardrobe than investing in some white. I'll be wearing fresh pencil skirts with navy, grey and pops of colour to work, clutch bags and cut out dresses on nights out, and floaty kimonos for lazy sundays. Shop Topshop here and asos here.
2. Florals. I know, not very original for summer...but this year florals are anything but ditsy and cute. The SS14 catwalk at London Fashion Weekend was full of big, bold prints- and I know once I've cleared out my wardrobe it will be in dire need of some colour. I'll be looking for big pieces to wear with plain seperates, and easy throw on dresses like the asos one in the middle.
3. Folklore. This trend is similar to boho festival style- which is guaranteed to make a re-appearance, but slightly more minimalist. I am dying for a double strand coin necklace. I have a black tassled backpack, which I love, but I am going to be hunting out a tan one and some folky print dresses.
4. Sports Luxe. This is a trend that previously I really haven't bought into. I think it comes back to my fear of P.E at school! I've warmed much more to the idea of straps, exposed zips and mesh panels. You will never see me in a baseball cap, but I might be trying a baggy sports tee with a pencil skirt.
5. Tribal. SS14 catwalks were heavily influenced by African tribal prints. I am a magpie for all things jangly, so I will be sorting through my jewellery to make space for stacked rings, collars and bangles. It's also time to scrub those feet and stock up on the fake tan..beach season is upon us!
What do you think? How are you going to be getting your wardrobe summer ready?
I'll be sure to include some lookbooks as I start updating my wardrobe- first off, I'm going white shopping...